Some of netlabel freaks know Renzu, who released "Reiha EP" from Monotonik. When I received his works, I was waiting for the time of this release. And now I'm delighted it has come finally!
- You can hear a female say "koko wa doko deshouka?" ("where do you think this place is?) Where does she take us? Where is here?
- Pictures of the Floating World
- This could be the answer to the previous question. Ethnic and oriental, like Japanese, but it would be other than Japan.
- Kuda-gitsune (管狐 : pipe-fox)
- It seamlessly succeeds to the mood of this mysterious "World". Kuda-gitsune is a creature from legends : one of Yōkai (妖怪).
- Omamori (御守り : amulet)
- A mixture with Japanese sounds and rhythmic sequences. As we move towards the end, our minds get uplifted, higher and higher...
- The title refers 天沢勇子 (Amasawa Yūko) from TV series, 電脳コイル (Dennō Coil). "The idea to use an arpeggiated glockenspiel in the song was inspired by series' music", Renzu said.
- Zashiki-warashi (座敷童子)
- It is a spiritual being, a kind of Yōkai, too. With this flowing 4-beats tune, it makes me feel like they are playing a trick.
- Daifuku (大福)
- We met unexpectedly. It was white, it was sweet. The wonderful time we spent together, but it didn't last so long. I can't forget you. I miss you. I want to see you again. My dear Daifuku... Joke.
- Nakoruru (ナコルル)
- You know her, if you are familiar with サムライスピリッツ (Samurai Spirits / Samurai Shodown). Slower, chilling and relaxing tune, with Japanese traditional elements.
- Miku Acid
- Well-processed tracks feature girlish vocal. This is especially for Japanese listeners. Who is Miku? Come on, you know it? Yes, she is, the one and only, 初音ミク (Hatsune Miku).
- It may be night, but it changes suddenly. It takes us to somewhere another.
- Across the Threshold
- Here is the title track, purely electronic. Now we are far away from "the Floating World".
- Memories of Earth
- We are leaving from, or going back to where we live? I can't figure it out. All fades away...
- Inn (1:43)
- Pictures of the Floating World (3:18)
- Kuda-gitsune (2:34)
- Omamori (4:44)
- Amasawa (5:52)
- Zashiki-warashi (4:25)
- Daifuku (5:03)
- Nakoruru (5:08)
- Miku Acid (5:36)
- Stage (0:34)
- Across the Threshold (4:36)
- Memories of Earth (3:41)
MP3, total time 47:14, total size 76.1MB